Attorney Cynthia Pietrucha is the founder and managing attorney of Pietrucha Law Firm, LLC. She started the firm with workers’ rights in mind and she brings both passion and strong severance negotiation skills to the table. Her passion has earned her a reputation as a practical dispute resolution advocate.
Attorney Pietrucha is a 2009 Law School Graduate of Northern Illinois University College of Law. Her first legal job was in 2006 with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (Chicago, IL). She went on to work at the Law Offices of Joel Weisman, P.C./Weisman Media (Northbrook, IL) where she assisted with employment contracts of over 100 television journalism and media clients.
❝ People usually find me after they’ve been put into a bad job situation through no fault of their own. It’s a special honor when my clients trust me to make it right and I handle each matter with human compassion. ❞
Attorney Pietrucha also worked at the American Medical Association (Chicago, IL) where she negotiated medical journal licensing agreements, at API Healthcare, A GE Healthcare company (Milwaukee, WI) where she served as senior legal staff and negotiated software agreements, as a mediator handling child visitation and paternity disputes, and she has worked on behalf of many government agencies to resolve contract disputes and negotiate business transactions.
Attorney Pietrucha is a talented public speaker and is often sought as a legal analyst on employment law disputes and government contracting for local news media and legal associations, including the Better Government Association and the Illinois State Bar Association. She is also proud to serve her local community on the Liquor Commission for the Village of Downers Grove, Illinois and the Financial Advisory Committee for Downers Grove Grade School District 58.
- Law School Northern Illinois University College of Law
- J.D. Law, 2009
- Pro Bono Honors
- Entertainment & Media Training Southwestern Law School Los Angeles
- Entertainment and Media Law Certificate
- Undergraduate Studies The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Pre-Law B.S. Journalism and B.A. Spanish
- University President’s Leadership Program
Membership and Awards
- Association of Workplace Investigators (AWI)
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
- Avvo Top Employment Attorney 2016-2017
- Avvo Client’s Choice Award 2017
- Selected as Top 40 under 40 Illinois Employment Lawyers by The National Black Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar Association since 2006
- National Employment Lawyer Association since 2015
- American Bar Association since 2006
- Black Women Lawyers Association of Greater Chicago Service Award in 2009
- Village of Downers Grove Liquor Commission since 2016
- Financial Advisory Committee Downers Grove Grade School District 58 since 2015