Attorney Yates is a graduate of Michigan State University College of Law where he was a clinician with their small-business/nonprofit legal clinic, and obtained certification in mediation/negotiations.
Attorney Yates has worked both in the private sector for law firms as well as the federal government with the United States Environmental Protection Agency at their headquarters in Washington D.C. where he served as a federal law clerk for Administrator Lisa Jackson whom was appointed by President Obama.
Attorney Yates has worked on several environmental justice cases across the country during his time with the U.S. EPA including the B.P. Oil Spill case. He is committed to actual justice for his clients and will settle for nothing less.
Attorney Yates is admitted to the following courts:
- Illinois Supreme Court
- United States District Court Northern District of Illinois
- United States Immigration Court
- United States Bankruptcy Court
- United States District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court Western District of Michigan